Read Latest JAMAR (Summer 2012)
- A New Framework for Capacity Costing and Inventory Variance Analysis
- Ivory Towers and Legal Powers: Attitudes and Behaviour of Town and Gown to the Accounting Research-Practice Gap
- Management Accounting Research: An Analysis of Recent Themes and Directions for the Future
- The Measurement and Management of Unused Capacity in a Time Driven Activity Based Costing System
- The Impact of Performance Measures on Employee Fairness Perceptions, Job Satisfaction and Organisational Commitment
- Ceremonial Budgeting: Public Participation in Development Planning at an Indonesian Local Government Authority
CMA - Certified Management Accountants
Welcome to the Institute of Certified Management Accountants
New OnTarget eMag now Available
Navitas launches CMA Australian Program
Designations to Differentiate
The Institute offers a number of education programs many of which are delivered and accredited by various universities internationally. Being a CMA means a commitment to a continuous professional development, and the Institute offers seminars, training and other development activities to assist members achieve this objective. For the industry and employer perspective, the Management Accounting 2020 program offers industry-based certification for best practice in decision information and control systems.
A management accountant applies his or her professional knowledge and skill in the preparation and presentation of financial and other decision oriented information in such a way as to assist management in the formulation of policies and in the planning and control of the operation of the undertaking.
The ICMA offers seven levels of membership with differing education and experience requirements:
- CMA - Certified Management Accountant
- AMA - Associate Management Accountant
- GMA - Graduate Management Accountant
- CAT - Certified Accounting Technician
- RCA - Registered Cost Accountant
- RBA - Registered Business Accountant
- MAA - Management Accounting Affiliate
Download an application form or check your eligibility first.
Details of membership benefits and services are available in the membership page. The Institute's newsletter, On Target and its research journal, Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research (JAMAR) are available in electronic format on this website. The Institute has a wide ranging activities, in Australia and in its international branches.
[READ JAMAR] [READ ON TARGET]
The CMA and Graduate Conversion Programs are now available via Navitas in Australian Capital cities. [More]
WITS Global Business School
The CMA and Graduate Conversion Programs are now available online via the WITS Global Business School.[More]
Fuel Card Offer!
Shell Cardplus Fuelcard special offer for our Australian Members - up to 5cents/litre discount on Shell Fuels!