Certified Management Accountants, Australia
The Institute offers a number of education programs many of which are delivered and accredited by various universities internationally. Being a CMA means a commitment to a continuous professional development, and the Institute offers seminars, training and other development activities to assist members achieve this objective. For the industry and employer perspective, the Management Accounting 2020 program offers industry-based certification for best practice in decision information and control systems.
A management accountant applies his or her professional knowledge and skill in the preparation and presentation of financial and other decision oriented information in such a way as to assist management in the formulation of policies and in the planning and control of the operation of the undertaking.
The ICMA offers seven levels of membership with differing education and experience requirements:
- CMA - Certified Management Accountant
- AMA - Associate Management Accountant
- GMA - Graduate Management Accountant
- CAT - Certified Accounting Technician
- RCA - Registered Cost Accountant
- RBA - Registered Business Accountant
- MAA - Management Accounting Affiliate