Read Latest JAMAR (Winter 2013)
- Green Marketing and Misleading Statements: The Case of Saab in Australia
- The Effects of the Diagnostic and Interactive Use of Management Control Systems on the Strategy-Performance Relationship
- Investigating the Determinants of Perceived Procedural Fairness in Performance Evaluation
- Corporate Governance, Firm Characteristics and Earnings Management in an Emerging Economy
- Beyond Ceremony: The Impact of Local Wisdom on Public Participation in Local Government Budgeting
CMA - Certified Management Accountants
Welcome to the Institute of Certified Management Accountants
New OnTarget eMag now Available
Navitas launches CMA Australian Program
Designations to Differentiate
The Institute offers a number of education programs many of which are delivered and accredited by various universities internationally. Being a CMA means a commitment to a continuous professional development, and the Institute offers seminars, training and other development activities to assist members achieve this objective. For the industry and employer perspective, the Management Accounting 2020 program offers industry-based certification for best practice in decision information and control systems.
A management accountant applies his or her professional knowledge and skill in the preparation and presentation of financial and other decision oriented information in such a way as to assist management in the formulation of policies and in the planning and control of the operation of the undertaking.
The ICMA offers seven levels of membership with differing education and experience requirements:
- CMA - Certified Management Accountant
- AMA - Associate Management Accountant
- GMA - Graduate Management Accountant
- CAT - Certified Accounting Technician
- RCA - Registered Cost Accountant
- RBA - Registered Business Accountant
- MAA - Management Accounting Affiliate
Download an application form or check your eligibility first.
Details of membership benefits and services are available in the membership page. The Institute's newsletter, On Target and its research journal, Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research (JAMAR) are available in electronic format on this website. The Institute has a wide ranging activities, in Australia and in its international branches.
[READ JAMAR] [READ ON TARGET]
The CMA and Graduate Conversion Programs are now available via Navitas in Australian Capital cities. [More]
WITS Global Business School
The CMA and Graduate Conversion Programs are now available online via the WITS Global Business School.[More]
Fuel Card Offer!
Shell Cardplus Fuelcard special offer for our Australian Members - up to 5cents/litre discount on Shell Fuels!